Friday, July 21, 2006

 




Dyeing fun - It actually worked and it turned out beautiful, if I had seen these at a store I defiantly would of put some in my basket. I think we have another new obsession.

the greeny / blue (oceans mystique) was a a kool aid type mix - called vitafresh, that I found a IGA (no kool aid is Australia) with a dash or 2 of food colouring, The flavor I used was tropical which was a light green, and blue was the food colouring. It is a bit more nice patchy then the photo shows. I used the soak in hot with a glug of vinegar - then mixed up the colours in a plastic cup with vinegar and hot water - didn't use measurements just went for it. It soaked it up right away and left a tiny bit of clear water - but I nuked it anyway - 2 mins just to be on the safe side, then rinsed

The dusty purples ( no name yet)(which got tangled cause I didn't secure my hank too well, but is now all untangled) Is food colouring with vinegar - using the same method as above.

IM in love. I think the purple is calling me to be a motif type scarf, oceans mystique is still deciding what it wants to be. I think it wants to be felted bag but it forgets its a machine washable wool - so we will have to have a chat and see what else we can come up with.

Now to turn it into balls - which strangely enough I have no idea how!

Oh and I think I want to add spinning to my list!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?